Uninsured motorist (UIM) coverage picks up the damages where the insurance of the defendant runs out.  The minimum policy required in Texas for liability coverage is $30,000, but it doesn’t take many trips to the ER, MRI’s, or doctor visits to exceed that policy limit. 


As the victim of a car wreck, you may make a claim under your UIM policy, but this must be done correctly to avoid possibly forfeiting your UIM coverage completely.  You need an experienced personal injury lawyer to navigate all this, and I will handle your claim in such a way as to maximize your recovery. 


If you don’t have UIM coverage please consider getting it through your insurance agent.  If you have questions about this process please contact us.

© 2018 by Jon L. Anderson Law Office

404 North 2nd St., Lufkin, TX 75901

Tel:  936-634-1414

  • Twitter Social Icon
  • Facebook Social Icon